1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Snapper Hydro 32

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gimp, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Has anyone used this machine. It looks nice and I am worried about belts slipping on a 32 inch belt drive unit.

Anyone who has used several 32 inch machines. Would you go with a scag/ex mark belt drive for residential, or the snapper 32.

Or is the snapper 32 so new that no one knows anything about it. Thank you for the help as always. Maybe I will be helping out some newbies soon :)
  2. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I'll bump this one time. I am going to buy this week and really want to get the Snapper hydro, but I don't like the fact that no one on here has anything to say about it.
  3. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

i believe someone on here has the 32 snapper but i cannot remember who
  4. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Remember Gimp Dealer support is Important ,i dont think you'll go wrong with either the scag or the Exmark. Dont no to much about the snapper.
  5. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I had a snapper 36 hydro is was great so great someone else decieded they wanted it without asking. If it is like the 36 it is probably a good machine. I've never had a belt drive, but was told if you have ever had a hydro you'll never go back to a belt drive. Good luck. Later, Tony
  6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We run Snapper dual hydro 36" WB but I would guess that the 32" may be a single hydro and if you have much hilly areas you might want to stick with the Scag belt drive. When you run across hills you have to provide the muscle to keep the unit running straight. If most of you areas are flat get the Snapper.
  7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

The Snapper 32" is a single Hydro unit ... as long as you know that and are aware of the limitations compared to a dual Hydro unit, you should be OK.
  8. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

What would I need to know. I have never used a larger than 21 inch commercial mower. (Hydro Honda)
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Same deal as your hydro Honda you have to provide some force to turn the unit and same on hills. It just dont' track nicely like a dual hydro, but if you have flat land no big deal, just on turning.