Snapper hydro or Great Dane hydro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeC, Jun 30, 2000.

1. MikeC

MikeC LawnSite Member

I am looking to upgrade from my 36" Snapper belt drive to a 48" hydro. currently part-time with 25 residential customers with mostly mid-size yards. Have considered ztr, but too expensive for part-time business. My preferred dealer handles Dixie, Great Dane, Snapper. He has all the models available. What would some of you suggest as my next step up in equipment should be?

2. Marquis Lawn

Marquis Lawn LawnSite Member

We use Snapper hydros. I know there not the most popular machines, but we love them. The controls are very easy to use and train. The height adjustments are really easy also. Nice price, nice cut, nice mowers.

3. All Green

All Green LawnSite Member

Greatdane has a super surfer with floating deck i've seen alot lawndogs with thesein my area

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Love my Great Danes!

5. t mitch

t mitch LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Ilove my dane too! I know many other people that have them and love them also. You will not be dissappointed if you get one.

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

arent great danes made by scag(?)..... enough said!

7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I have a snapper 52 with the 16hp-vangard, I purchased new in 94 and now have 3800hrs,i love the loop steering, plus they are built like tanks i also use scag, but nothing compares to my snapper. I also love the way they stripe. Danes are also built well i demoed the 60 chairot ztr, but ended up buying a new toro z-master, do mostley to dealers 24hr trun-around . But i have never had any problems with my snapper replaced one belt,and thats all,great walkbehinds.<p>----------<br>Mark's Mowing Service<br>