1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Snapper Lawn Mowers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnMowingNewbie, May 17, 2007.

1. LawnMowingNewbie

LawnMowingNewbie LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

As some of you have read from other posts, I have doing lanmowing for a summer or two -max.

The local mowing store has a Snapper push lawnmower (no bag) with mulch for $399.99. Do Snapper products have a good repuation.

I know that it is not a pro model or anything. But would that be a tough lil lawnmower to hadle cutting for one or two seasons?

2. gary6768

gary6768 LawnSite Member

I like the Wal mart Wizard. It's only 99 bucks with side discharge.
  3. Lawn-Scape

Lawn-Scape LawnSite Member

I've used snapper mowers and they are heavy duty. If you are going to shell out the money go for broke and purchase one with a Honda engine and the option for a bagger. Just keep in mind you can buy 4 or 5 mowers at Sears or Walmart that will work just as well for the same price.
  4. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I think that it would be a nice mower. I have a 48 in. commercial walk behind, and I like it. Make sure to get one with at least 6 horses.
  5. LawnMowingNewbie

LawnMowingNewbie LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

...but rather a 190CC engine. I don't really know the difference, does anyone?

The reason I am staying away from Sears and Walmart is that I need a GOOD MULCHING consumer brand machine. Mulching is my selling point.

I have heard that Toro and Lawnboy have the best. And Snapper's is pretty good. But I don't know about the others!