Snapper Lines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Patriots, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

Picked up a Snapper 32'' hydro this year - cannot figure out the cure for a small line caused by what must be lack of blade coverage in high grass/weeds. Anyone know if there is a way to fix the problem?
  2. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Take it back to the dealer you got it from. Sounds like a warped deck or some sort of spindle problem, just a guess or two .
  3. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

if i use gator blades on one of my walks it leave a line.
  4. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

Yeah I had the blades changed out to the gator before taking delivery from the dealer .... never knew there could be an issue with gator blades.
  5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

My Exmark 36" Viking will leave a bit of a line with regular Gators, less of a line with hi-lift Gators, and cut smooth with notched foils. The air flow under the deck must be enough different to make the difference. The line the Gator leaves is probably not enough that any homeowner might see, but I do.

Oh yes, I also have a set of super hi-lift regular blades (not notched foil) from Lesco. They too will leave a bit of a line, but they really keep the underside of the deck sparkling clean!
  6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Try a set of original Snapper blades. The aftermarket blades are not the same as oem blades.
  7. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

Normally would not notice either, just had a few lawns the other day that were 4 +'' of dormant bermuda - lines were real bad. Ended up mowing the lawns basically twice to get rid of them.