Snapper mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jannan, Mar 26, 2000.

1. jannan

jannan LawnSite Member

I never see any mention of Snapper mowers in this forum, does anyone have any experience with them. I am considering a 48'' hydro wb, I would appreciate any comments.

2. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

I HAVE A 36&quot; SNAPPER BELT DRIVE IT WORKS GOOD (WHEN I USE IT) IT HAS THE KOHLER 14 H.P. I USE THIS MACHINE FOR REALLY DEEP GRASS AROUND OVERGROWN PONDS ETC.IT IS GREAT FOR THINGS YOU WOULD'NT PUT YOUR MAIN MOWER THROUGH,BUT I WOULD LOOK AT THE TORO OR EXMARK FOR A NICER CUT.MHO<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

3. dbroome

dbroome LawnSite Member

I have a 48&quot; hydro w/a 16 h briggs. I put the ninja mulching kit on it also. it cuts a beautiful lawn and i am very pleased. I have had it almost a year now and have had no problems. I think that the reason noone talks about them is that it is kind of like a car. who is to say ford is better than chevy. go see for yourself which you like better. the reason i got the snapper is that it was easier to handle and it was about a thousand dollars cheaper than the toro or exmark. i would spend the extra money on the hydro. (no belt) go demo them don't take my word for it.

4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I have one snapper that i use alot,It is the 52 walk-behind with velke.It cuts great,Its hydro and i have had it for 4 yrs now with no problems. Its just as good as the danes plus i love the loop-steering stright all the time.Payed 4100 for mower and velke new,I think alot of cutters have never demoed them and are told there not good mowers, well mine has done just as good as my higher priced equip. Before you pay the higher price demo one, thats what i do before any purchase.<p>----------<br>Mark's Mowing Service<br>

5. adonovan

adonovan LawnSite Member
    from Mass

dbroome:<br>What is the ninja kit like for the 48&quot; hydro? How does it work? How much did it cost and where did your get it? Thanks for the help.<br>heydono@hotmail.com<br>

6. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i also have a 48&quot; hydro w/b and it has been great kind of slow but i expected that from a w/b.i payed 1200 for it 2 years ago and the only problem i had was the clutch it didnt fail mechanicly the wires got cut right where it goes in to the cluch i couldnt fix it so i bought a new one<p>dbroome, <p> i would also like to know about the mulching kit please email me the details<p>cjcland@hotmail.com<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

7. dbroome

dbroome LawnSite Member

the ninja mulching kit is just a guard that covers the grass discharge, and different blades that mulch the clippings. cost is about75.00

8. dbroome

dbroome LawnSite Member

the ninja mulching kit is just a guard that covers the grass discharge, and different blades that mulch the clippings. cost is about75.00

9. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

where did you get it or better yet where can i get it i am located in central florida<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida