Snapper Powerslice Question

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Supper Grassy, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you know where I can find information on removal? Are there any other engine parts that I should get when I order the carb kit, gasket kit and starter rope?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

HERE'S a how-too on carb cleaning, You do not have to remove the throttle shaft or welch plug in your case, Shooting brake clean or carb cleaner with the little straw into the mixture adjustment port should clear the ports behind the welch plug.

There's only three screws holding the tank/carb assembly to the engine, Two on the carb and one on the bottom of the tank. Once off you can tear down as shown above.

There's no rebuild kit offered I know of for this engine, All you need is the carb to engine gasket/carb to tank gasket and a diaphragm.

BTW, Take plenty of pics of all the springs and linkage BEFORE you take it all apart. We don't want to deal with all of that afterwords.....

Yeah Dutch, Ya don't have to rub it in !

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  4. Supper Grassy

5. Restrorob

6. Supper Grassy

Thanks! looks like i had the right part number but wrong series.

Should i get any other replacement parts?
    spark plug?

7. Restrorob

As far as I know that's all you need unless you need a new plug.....

8. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

All brake cleaners are not created equal. The ones that work the best are being taken off the market. I've found that CRC Brakleen in the green can works the best. you dont have to soak the carb,the varnish just dissolves. The auto parts stores dont carry it around here anymore (They sell the brown can but its pretty much useless, wont even start an engine). I have to buy it by the case from a fleet supply company. I guess Brakleen killed to many lab rats in California,

Its good stuff if you can find it...Dont spray any rubber parts you plan on re-using.

IMG_0092.JPG

9. Supper Grassy

ok.
    So i have a new gas tank on because when i removed the carb the upper resivor had water so did the tank which caused rust which when cleaned leaked. Also installed a new spark plug. When i pull the recoil the engine does not turn over. when i add carb cleaner the engine runs until it is burned up so i took the carb off again and the upper resivor has gas in it. so it leads me to believe that the problem is between that and the engine any ideas on what i can try next?

10. Restrorob