1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Snapper Pro 1948 Impulse buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Knukey, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Knukey

Knukey LawnSite Member

I stopped by to look at a Husq 24/48" residential unit and go upsold dramatically (non-LSO BTW). Owner had a 2006 Snapper Pro CZT1948 (Kawasaki) sitting there and I was intrigued. Yada Yada Yada he called $4900 and I called DEAL. I went to the Snapper website and theres a $500 rebate on this unit. I called the dealer and he indicated he could get half of the rebate from Snapper, but the other half would have to come from him and he had cut the best deal he could and was not willing to offer the other rebate half. So if only half rebate that's $4,650 for the unit. I also read on the website 3yrs 0% with a Yard Card Plus Commercial Credit Card, I'll check into that when I pick it up. I would hate to pass up free money. I think I picked up a commercial quality unit for residential estate mower money. Thoughts?
  2. climber

climber LawnSite Member

Wow thats outragious.... There only about $4300 up my way. You should of just got one without a deck and bought a deck and it woulda been cheaper!

3. Gratefulone

Gratefulone LawnSite Member

Amicks supply had it for $5099.00. Your price seems right!
  4. mini14

mini14 LawnSite Member

snapper pro=ferris i think ? briggs and stratton owns them
  5. Gratefulone

snapper, simplicity, ferris all owned by B&S
  6. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

how can this be?? almost every mower on the ferris and snapper pro site are powered by Kawasaki. Just curious.
  7. Gratefulone

if you want to sell to the pros you better have kawasaki
  8. craglawnmanor

craglawnmanor LawnSite Member

This is correct (at least currently). In the corporate world, many companies are looking to overtake other companies in order to make their balance sheet look attractive to shareholders. :weightlifter:

But, of course, it doesn't always work that way. An example would be John Deere buying Great Dane, then a couple years later selling Great Dane. :hammerhead:
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The Snappers are nice machines in my opinion if you get the twin stick.

The only handicap of the CZT1948 is the 11 x 4.00-5 front tires.

They are never a problem if you don't do rough sites or cross curbs.
    But if you do, you'll soon understand what I'm saying.

However, you sure as hell did better buying that than the Husqvarna!
    Way Way Way better!!!!

I'm just one guy that thinks 13" tall tires should be a mandated standard minimum on ZTR's.