snapper pro 1948 or ferris is1500 2148

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jeepster, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Jeepster

Jeepster LawnSite Member

? opinions?

2. Jeepster

Jeepster LawnSite Member

I see that Ferris has a link to snapper at the bottom of thier site. Can someone enlighten me to the connection. And or the difference in construction over one to the other. Yes motor size I see is different.
    Thank you all very much.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

what does 1948 and 2148 represent?

4. Jeepster

Jeepster LawnSite Member

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks.

I can tell you my company has had like 20 or so Ferris machines during the past 14 years. I like them alot and really like their reliability. Ferris is basically what we use along with a few big diesel Toro Groundsmasters. But 98% of our mowing is with our Ferris machines.

6. Gratefulone

Gratefulone LawnSite Member

7. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

Simplicity, Ferris, Snapper all the same company. I think Ferris is more of the "commercial" mower. Well I had a Simplicity ztr and loved it ,but when they came out with the Ferris 1500 I convinced myself that the "commercial" Ferris was what I needed. So I traded for it. From the first few times we used it ,we hated it. Handled great, cut terrible. The Simplicity residential mower cut way better. Tried to return it and even called Ferris corporate office but got nowhere. So we lived with for a while and eventually took the hit and traded it for a Scag. LOVE the Scag! Some guys here love Ferris ,and maybe I just got a bad one ut since that I can't reccommend it. I would reccommend Simplicity though.

8. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i love my ferris 1500 48" deck great engine used it 500 hours so far

9. Gratefulone

Gratefulone LawnSite Member

Which Simplicity did you have?

10. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

Consumer Z, 20 hp 50"
    Cut great ,but not a commercial mower.