Snapper Pro 36" Hydro W/B-Help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by walshdevo10, Aug 8, 2005.

1. walshdevo10

walshdevo10 LawnSite Member

Hello! Need a little help here. I have always run Toro's and Wright but I recently bought this Snapper from a friend just to add another small w/b to get through gates. In any case, how exactly do you adjust this deck? On the rear of the deck it has turn (crank) adjustments to raise or lower. It has a measurement of 5" max height. If I even run it up to 4 the deck becomes uneven ( tends to scalp on 1 side), leaves a 1" stripe of uncut grass down the middle and I can't get the front of the deck to the same height as the rear. I mean it's drastic. The rear is like 4" and the front is like 2". Is there any other height adjustments that I am missing? The only two I see or know of is the two crank ones on the rear of the deck on each side. It seems from the way the configuration is set up, the front should raise as you raise the back, but obviously this is not happening!
    Thanks for your help in advance!
    Jim

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Well we got two of the 360s that are 3 years old and we are about to wits end trying to keep these decks adjusted. First of all the crank is the only adjustment on these decks. Unfortunately it is very easy to get the height of one side different from the other side. We usually start by getting the unit on flat concrete and measure deck to concrete. You may have to crank one side higher than other to get it level. Be absolutely sure tire pressure on front and back tires are inflated the same. Don't turn left with this unit always right....best you can. We decided yesterday that we are going to get longer screws so we can put a stop nut on the screw as a reference point. The stop nut postion will be calibrated relative to ground for each side. Then we will adjust the cranks relative to the stop nut. In the winter we are going to weld Scag floating deck height adjusting pins on the deck so we can simply pull the pins for various height. This deck idea is a big loser to say the least!! We are also considering getting a used fixed deck if all else fails.

3. walshdevo10

walshdevo10 LawnSite Member

You are right on with BIG LOSER ! I used it today and seemed to be doing ok then it scalped the heck out of this yard...I mean it looks like damn circles from UFO landings!!!! I appreciate the info...Thanks