1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Snapper Pro Commercial?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mjealey, Jul 8, 2008.

1. mjealey

mjealey LawnSite Senior Member

Besides a SCAG, I was also looking at a Snapper Pro s50x. Reatils for $4999 with the 19 hp Kawi and a 48" deck. Seemed to be a pretty descent mower, don't see any Snapper Pros out there though. Any thoughts or experience with these new Snapper pros?
  2. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 61/25 kohler, I would put it against any comm. mower out there! 500hrs
  3. mjealey

Awesome. I really am thinking about getting one. Same cut and HP as a Scag and 2,00 less. Anybody else have experience with Snapper's commercial mowers.
  4. mjealey

Allright I didit!!! I just purchased the Snapper s150x with the 21 HP Kawasaki and a 48" cut. $5700.00 the final price. Pick it up this Saturday. Really liked the features and seemed to be a pretty well built machine overall as a whole. Pretty heavy too at 1107 lbs. I choos the Snapper over a Scag because of the dealer. Great dealer to work with and seem to really stand behind what they sell. Can't wait to gt on it and go this weekend. Anybody else mow with a Snapper?
  5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Our biggest LCO here runs nothing but snapper pro's and likes them and so do quite a few more folks. I have never used one but they are popular here, probably number 2 behind Toro.
  6. mjealey

I really wrestled between the Snapper and the Scag Tiger Cub. I really like the Scag and the quality speaks for itself. Undoubtedly the Scag is probably a little better mower overall, but the Snapper s150x is very close. Main differnce is the Scag has a 7-gauge deck and the snapper is 10-gauge. My Snapper comes with a 21 hp kawi and the Scag is 19 hp, both 48 in. cut. For the differnce in price I felt that the Snapper was really a good buy for $1300 less. Plus the Snapper dealer was a lot more friendly and more willing to deal and work with me. Also the Snapper comes with 12cc fan cooled pumps and 15cc wheel motors. Good 2-year commercial warranty also.