Snapper Pro Cut PICS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOHUSTLER, Jun 4, 2010.

1. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

I got the camera out today and snaped some pics of the snapper pro's cut. This was cut yesterday at 3 1/2 inches. Single cut, cutting off 3 inches of grass. Discharge schute was left down, it was windy.

Picture or Video 001.jpg

Picture or Video 002.jpg

Picture or Video 003.jpg

2. piediddy

piediddy LawnSite Member

Looks like it didn't miss a blade of grass. Looks great.

3. MOHUSTLER

I was verry impressed. The machine has around 5 hours on it and I took the blades and made them razor sharp. I am also a scag dealer and I hear alot of people compare it to the scag deck. Here is some differences I have noticed.

1. They still do not discharge as well as the scag does. I mean its probably second best dont get me wrong.

2. The stripe is still not as good as the scag leaves. The stripe it leaves is compareable to what I can do with a wright stander or the hustlers. But once again Not shabby at all.

3. I know its not apples to apples compareing a ZT5400 to a pump wheel motor setup. But the scag is much less jerky. I guess jerky is not the best word for it. Mabey the scag is more controled over the snapper. Which none compare to the hustler drive/ride. They are second to none!

4. Last, the hillside capability is no where near what the scag is. And again, nothing does as good as the scags/hustlers on the hills.

4. KRC

KRC LawnSite Member
    from Tx

not to steal a thread, but hey mohustler how would you compare to cut of the hustler to the scag, especially at high speeds, thanks

5. MOHUSTLER

I will PM you so this thread doesnt get to off topic.

6. jhawk60

jhawk60 LawnSite Member
    from VA

You missed one!

[​IMG]

Just bustin' your chops :) Cut looks nice.

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

so this is the new icd deck, same as ferris?!?! looks good, but should have left a area of uncut b4 pics, as only your word says it is single cut, and was 3in cut off. not calling you a liar, you get my point. nice looking lawn too

the cut looks very nice, and so does the lawn, i know you are a dealer, but do you also cut grass and do you spray, or who does this for you etc?

8. MowingMowingMowing

MowingMowingMowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I've been looking for a wb for a while now and had a couple ?s regarding the Snapper Pro.

1) How much does a 48" floating deck Snapper Pro cost (assuming paid in cash, demos are fine too)?

2) What are the biggest pros and cons for a Snapper Pro compared to a large brand like Exmark's Turf Tracer?

9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good but why make the blades razor sharp? Had you noticed something before?.
    I have tried a lot of mowers and i am intrigued by the scags. I need to get my hands on one.

I am fine with the hillside stability of my snapper.

10. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome cut, that's either really nice for a 1st cut or my mower is just really bad :) Lol.

Again looks really nice.