Lawn Care Forum banner

Snapper pro S200xt. Which engine to get??

18K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  BCFLawnLandscape 
#1 ·
I have a few large yards I cut with an older Exmark. I could add a few more, but I need an upgrade before I do. A local dealer has bought out the inventory of another that went belly up and I can get a brand new s200xt 61" for $6800 out the door price. I think that's a steal and I'm going to bite the bullet and get one. I can get either a 26 hp Kawasaki or a 32 HP vanguard b&s. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. I have lurked around here awhile and finally decided to joins

#31 ·
You will like that mower.

I have the 61/32 vanguard - and it's considerably better than my Exmark ever was.

It stripes better, moves better, smaller in length than the Exmark was, and with the bagging unit...I haven't had it bog down yet. Even with the wettest grass/leaves.

At that price, I also would have picked up another unit.

#33 ·
I purchased the same mower with the kawasaki new in 2010 has close to 800hrs never had a problem.mine leaves a very nice cut.works good in wet grass too.you will be glad you went with the snapper.best mower,for the price!! Going to purchase a new one this spring just like it!!

#36 ·
Wow. Ha. Part of my yard and and all f my neighbors yard is centipede, and if I mow with my ztr(snapper) or his (scag Tt) it turns the blades of grass tinted red for about a week. His wife loves to mow so she does it on here troybuilt rider that is much lighter, and never has that problem. Does anyone know what I am referring to?
Posted via Mobile Device

#37 ·
Wow. Ha. Part of my yard and and all f my neighbors yard is centipede, and if I mow with my ztr(snapper) or his (scag Tt) it turns the blades of grass tinted red for about a week. His wife loves to mow so she does it on here troybuilt rider that is much lighter, and never has that problem. Does anyone know what I am referring to?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes. This is more than likely due to compacted soil.

#38 ·
6800 is retail here in ohio. My dealer quoted me a s200x for 6800 last week. I wouldn't call it a steal, but it's a good price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.