Snapper products....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Jan 28, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I don't really see anyone in here talking about Snapper commercial mowers. I am seriously looking into a Snapper 52 or is it a 54 inch w/b. Just wondering if anyone has ever used one on a daily basis. The price is considerably lower than Exmark or Scag. Also how is that "T" bar system compared to Exmark's ECS system.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have two 36" hydro WB that have the crank adjustable deck. They seem to be reliable. We are not wild about the actuating mechanism for the hydro, can slip off after it get worn. If you let off the safety when the handle drops out of neutral lock then the unit will die. Normally you will try to get it back under control and the unit can throw you down. We like the scag hydro actuators the best.

3. o it grew landscaping

o it grew landscaping LawnSite Member

I love my snapper push mower, it cuts really nice at half throttle. i dont think i'll every buy another brand of push mower.

4. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

Bought a 32'' hydro Snapper last Spring - biggest piece of crap ever built. Only a good relationship with the dealer got my $$$ back.

5. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

snapper 21" commerical, to be honest I didnt want to buy it , but it was $400.00 cheaper than a toro or honda, so I took a chance.

So far I really think its been a good mower, kawi always starts and it does a great job picking up junk with the bag. I would buy it again.

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

From what I've gathered when I've demoed them is that the transmissions are a lot slower! Usually I mow in third gear and it is a pretty good pace. With the snapper, 3rd fear feels like second or a high first! even 4th gear is slow and 5th gear is a somewhat fast walk. Alot different compared to Exmark, Bobcat, Scag Toro Bradley and the others! Not sure why it is like this but I know you couldn't pay me enough to get 1!
    just my $.02

7. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I had a new 48inch Hydro walk behind in 1998. It had an 18hp Kohler Electric start. It was OK but the tank rubbed on the back of the handlebar frame, the return springs would break on the T-handle bar setup which would back you into all kinds of bad situations before you could manually stop it(the dealer said we never had that problem:cry:) The threads on the blade bolts somehow stripped(something I never had happen ever) What was your question?? LOL! Don't buy one.