1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

snapper rear engine rider

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by snapperboy, Jul 19, 2004.

1. snapperboy

snapperboy LawnSite Member

can someone send me pics of a rearengine rider like a used one so i can see what yours look like dgk123@earthlink.net

2. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

not sure if you're looking for an older rear engine Snapper or a ZTR, but here is one of a ZTR that I have.

equipment31.gif

3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 1977 Snapper rear engine rider. It is 33" and has the original B&S 11 HP engine on it. My father gave it to me. I use it as a backup mower. I will try to post a picture later.

4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

here i'll toss this old girl into the picture...

snapper.jpg

5. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

What year is that one?

6. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

If you think Dixie Chopper is fast i can get a snapper rear engine rider to hit 35MPH.

7. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Run Forest Run!:D

8. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Camland,
    Now that is one sweeeeet mower!! I wonder how many LCO's collect old mowers? It's kind of cool seeing how far along they've come in 20, 30, 40 years.

9. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I got a sears riding mower to gow 35 one time. It came unsecured at one end and the back end bounced out of my old crap trailer. The rear end got draged along for about a good block before I realized what happend. This was about five years ago and we have never had any problems with the drive or the engine just the god damn crap deck they put on those pos's.

Then there was the time I "lost" a mower out of this trailer due to a broken bungi cord and had to drive around looking for it with all these end of the world thoughts going thru my head. I didnt find it till I was sitting at a light and a lady pulls up and say you lose a mower? Man I felt dumb. Lesson learned - bungi cords do not secure mowers no matter how small they are.

10. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

i'll toss one more into the fray...

snapper comet.jpg