Snapper sell price/ and new mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Apr 5, 2006.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I was thinking about selling my snapper resi. and getting an upgrade. How much can I get for a mrp216518b that is nearly a year old. It hasen't even seen near as much use as it could of had with katrina happening. It runs great and has all the extras.
    In return, I wanted a better 21". How good are honda commercials? I've been wanting to get behind one and have an older resi. honda that needs a carb clean.
    How much should I spend for a new hrc?
    This started as myself thinking that I wanted a new snapper with the easyspeed. But why not spend more and get a machine that can actually bag good and doesn't shut off when you empty it.
    Any thoughts on this?

2. S man

This thread is going to go unnoticed.

3. MoviePimp

MoviePimp LawnSite Member
    from IN

Find a homeowner to buy it or use it as a backup (what I would do) and buy a commercial Hi-Vac Snapper. Last year got latest one (going on 4th one) and paid $600. Great mowers and with the Hi-Vac blade bags like a champ. Honda is fantastic mower but you could have damn near two Snappers with Kawasaki engines (excellent) for the same money. I like the Snapper Commercial 21" mowers for being good all around mowers and like the price.
    And as far as the motor shut off use a bungee (almost a neccessity with the older Subaru engines, very hard to start).

4. S man

You empty your catcher with the engine running??????????