1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

snapper trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hickmanlawncare, Jun 4, 2002.

1. hickmanlawncare

hickmanlawncare LawnSite Member

i just started this bussiness i bought a cheap snapper trimer take apart till i could aford i real one anyone heard of these and what they are like?

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

I just saw some of those in Wal-Mart. They aren't even listed on the Snapper web site? Maybe someone like Homelite is making it for them under the Snapper name. It should hold up for you for a while. I started with a Homelite; it lasted about a year for me.
  3. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member

Weed Eater - Poulan make the Snapper trimmer. A good rule of thumb my mechanic gave me on trimmers is, if the pull cord is on the front of the trimmer it's "cheap", if it starts from the rear it's "quality equiptment". All commercial trimmers start from the rear as far as I know.
  4. bw

bw LawnSite Member

I tell ya what, I bought a crapsman weedeater 4 years ago when I started doing this on the side. It hasn't missed a beat, use it for all my trimming, I even weedeat a few very large banks with it. Not a lick of trouble....
  5. anythinglawns

anythinglawns LawnSite Member

Last year in a pinch I ran down to the local Lowes and bought a cheap-0- Poulan Pro trimmer. It is Identical to the Snapper trimmers sold at WalMart. I have seen another brand that is identical but can't remember what it was. I will say this Snapper does not make them. On the good side the Poulan Pro trimmer I bought at the begining of last season is still going strong. I use it nearly every day.