Snapper vs. Bobcat 36"Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by F&F Lawncare, Nov 24, 2007.

1. F&F Lawncare

F&F Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Does anybody have any comments on Snapper Mowers. I am looking at a snapper 36" mower. Can I please have some feedback on them. Should I get a 36" Bobcat instead? Please let me know:confused:

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Look into the QUICK 36 or 44 as well....

3. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

when i think snapper i think homeowner although i know nothing of the machine your talking about. bobcat has always been good commerical equiptment. if the pricer are similar, id go bobcat

4. phntmfoot

phntmfoot LawnSite Member

Why does everyone always redirect a thread in this fashion? the thread starter asked for a bob-cat/snapper comparison. To answer your question, the bob-cat has a better transmission if you're going to go with a belt drive. The bob-cat seems to be a little more heavy duty but go with the one that offers you the best dealer support. I went to the snapper pro facility a little while back though and they seem to be doing some nice upgrades for 2008.

5. cborden

cborden LawnSite Member
    from 46140

Bob-cat, from my experience, a far better machine.

6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Nobody has mentioned the quality of cut which is paramount in my opinion.
    Bob-Cats cut PURTY!
    I have 3 and the only thing that cuts as good is my Scag. Tony

7. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

I would try looking at the EMARK metro 36" I have 3 of them they cut great & there easy to maneuver. I used to have bobcats for years & their great mowers but some time u gotta make some changes & for less money & same quality of mower the Emark is the way to go. But don't get it with a kohler engine get the kawi

8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I started with a 36" snapper Pro Hydro.....it was great machine, fixed deck, it was bulletproof with a Kohler 14 and a velke....It was a commercial unit. IT never failed to keep me going, even after I got rid of the small gates, I still kept the snapper...Id buy one again...

9. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

If its the hydro Snapper I really like the controls...I have no other experience with the Snapper then in the showroom. As far as the Bob-Cat...they are not very popular around here in an Exmark/Toro dominated world.

10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Mine had the "hoop" controls as well. much nicer than the pistol grips...