1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Snapper vs Toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chopper67, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Chopper67

Chopper67 LawnSite Member

I think I know the answer just want to see what your opions are though...
  2. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Don't know about Toro, but I own a Snapper hydro walk behind and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It's a 52", 23hp Kohler w/ electric start. Very strong motor, great cut, well built and so far very reliable. This is (was) my third season using it and no problems.

Joel B.
  3. BladesAway

BladesAway LawnSite Member
    from Ok

I have a 36" Snapper Pro and haven't had a problem at all with it. I'd say its a great machine this is the second year that I've mowed with it but I bought it used from another LCO that needed a bigger machine. No complaints or regrets. I also have a Toro ztr that is a good machine as well but it won't fit through most gates so I tend to use the snapper more. I use the Toro all I can but the snapper get the most use because of the size.
  4. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Both are good brands. I have the Snapper Pro 52" ZTR w/21hp Kaw. Love it and would get another in a heart beat. But I don't think you can go wrong with either Snapper or Toro. I think most manufacturers are pretty decent, personally I think routine maintenance and how you take care of the equipment overall has a lot to do with how well a piece of equipment performs.

Don't forget to consider dealer support...IMO that is a very important factor in deciding what piece of equipment goes on my trailer.

5. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I've got the same mower can you give any tips on leveling the deck with the 2 levelers that change the blade height ?
    MMLawn likes this.
  6. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

O have both Toro wbs and Z-turns, no problem with either. I have always used Toro, even as a teenager 20 years ago.
  7. Chopper67

Chopper67 LawnSite Member

someone said on another post something about it being very easy to change out the blades on the Toro, is this true also with the Snapper?
  8. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Pretty quick & easy to change on the Snapper Z, not sure about their WB's though.