1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Snapper walk behind mowers????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tomt, May 6, 2003.

1. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

What do you guys know/think of these mowers. I need a 36' walk behind and can buy a new Exmark or a used Snapper (only 5 hours). Thoughts and input appreciated.
    :cool: :cool:
  2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my snapper.

It has an excellant cut and it is the best machine I have owned.

It also does some great striping. I would say if you can get the snapper with only 5hrs go 4 it. Is it hydro or belt? I have the hydro with loop steering and it is so much easier then pistol grip.
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Heres The Other Red One.

4. KG Lawncare

KG Lawncare LawnSite Member

Built my business with a Snapper 48". Best wb I have owned. Have others now, but that one is my favorite. IT has been in business with me for 14 years now. I won't get rid of it. I know every nut and bolt on the machine. It has been through everything with me.
    Service it regularly and you will appreciate the machine. It, likewise.
  5. Jerrys Lawn Service

Jerrys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Snapper hydro's, built tough!

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

7. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I don't have a hydro but I have a 21" snapper its a nice machine. Self propelled belt drive and its pretty fast. I'd buy another in a second.
  8. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

the 36" snapper walk i use has loop handles. hands get sore by the end of the day. love the dual idlers except that i cannot "manually manuever" it in tight areas which i find nice on other 36"s. Leaves a great stripe, might even be better than my exmarks but has a slower blade tip speed. front end a little lite but easy fix. overall a good buy.
  9. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

What is the price difference?

I have a 52", 23hp, hydro and love it. Bought it new this winter and am still getting used to it but it cuts great, has tons of power and is built very well.

I have a buddy in the business that has used Snappers since he started right out of high school (he is 41 now) and loves them.

Joel B.
  10. robin 2

robin 2 LawnSite Member

I have six 21" commercial snapper walk behinds with the 2-cycle robin engine on them. 2 52" ZTRs and a 61" ZTR and they all run great. I have never used the big walk behinds, but it should have a two year warranty on it still. Just grease the hell out of it and go! Hope I didn't answer to late to help you.