1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Snapper WB not going straight w/ sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T. Wheeler, Nov 25, 2006.

1. T. Wheeler

T. Wheeler LawnSite Member

The Snapper walkbehind we have will not go straight at all while the sulky is connected. The walkbehind is a 48" Hydro, and the sulky is a Havener swivel caster sulky. As soon as we disconnect the sulky the walkbehind goes straight as an arrow.

2. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it a dual hydro mower? if so, one is going out (which every way it is turning is the bad one)....
  3. T. Wheeler

it does it both way, and when we take the sulky off its just fine with no problems
  4. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

When I demoed a snapper hydro it had a joystick where you could turn to make the mower track straighter when it wasnt. It was right above all of the other controls. Just a thought I dont know what model yours is but the one I tried did.
  5. T. Wheeler

Yes it does have the tracking adjustment. You just can't get it to adjust straight with the sulky attached.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Check your tire pressure,or the pumps.
  7. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

Is the ground you are on have a downward grade it don't have to be much
    on that type of sulky it will pull the (with you on it) mowers rear down hill and
    the front up hill. I had a bull rider on a scag hydro and that's what it done.
    You can try and put weights on the front that might help.if that don't help go with a fixed wheel sulky like jungle wheels.
  8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If it has the joystick then it should be able to compensate for uneven load. I would look to be sure the pump belt is tight and not slipping or the pulley on the hydro is slipping.