Snapper Z- plugs keep fouling out....

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Carolina Cuts, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta snapper z... choke cable/harness broke.... just left it at the shop for them to fix... got it back and now the plugs keep foulin' out. Went through 6 in the last two weeks. Could there be any connection between them messin' with the choke cable and the 'now' fouling plugs? Somedays the plugs foul within an hour of running the mower.

oops... this should've been posted in the Commercial Maintenance huh?

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like the choke is engaged still. Tell them to adjust it.

Also, do you have the canister air cleaner? The one which is tube shaped with two filters (one inside the other). If so, take the inner filter and throw it in the trash.

3. Carolina Cuts

yes, I have the filters... they changed both of em' not too long ago when they tuned it up for the season. So, the inner filter is pointless?

4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

My dealer actually told me some manufacturers are recommending this because the excessive air restriction is causing plug fouling problems.

To back this up, when I threw out the inner filter it was over two years old with about 650 hours. It was as clean as a new one. Proof my outer filter (changed at least once per season) is all I need.:)

5. Carolina Cuts

right on.... thanks... I'll give it a shot.