snapper zero turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by postman, May 25, 2004.

1. postman

postman LawnSite Member

any body use snapper z mowers they also have one with joy stick how do like them thanks for input and help

2. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I've been a member on this site for over 1 year and can't remember anyone saying they used them. You may want to try the search option. Some material may turn up there.

3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a '99 snapper z 52" w/ 20HP? kohler command and joystick control. This was the first "z" I purchased. Not a bad unit, but no comparison to my 2003 eXmark laser Z!

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I remember growing up and using nothing but my parents snapper. (brings back memories)

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I stopped and looked at them at a new dealer the other week in the city, JUst from looking at them I like my scag better. I never have used one so I dont know how they compare, another cutter in town has one and it seems to be doing ok, I wasnt very excited about it as far as looks go but me and the dealer got off on the wrong foot so I quess that is why I wasnt impressed with his mower

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

If it's a snapper you want, do yourself a favor and get the one with the twin sticks if you have any slopes at all to mow. I tried one of the older (not Fastback) ZTR's and like to have had a heart attack on it. I could not get it to hold a hill period. A lot of it could have been the way the machines were built then. But I could not get anywhere near the kind of individual control from the joystick that I can from twin sticks.

They are easy to zero turn though.