snapper ztr 52 inch MID MOUNT

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shawns mowing, Nov 17, 2001.

1. shawns mowing

shawns mowing LawnSite Member

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HAD OR OWNS A SAPPER ZTR 52 MID MOUNT? I WAS THINKING ABOUT BUYING ONE. I WAS JUST WANTING TO KNOW HOW DEPENABLE THEY ARE. THANKS!!!

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Welcome to lawnSite.com!

Someone else asked a similar question a short time back. This was what Eric pulled up for their query:
    http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?...rder=descending

I would recommend that you turn off your caps lock key as this makes your posts easier to read. Hopefully you can find something above that will help you with your questions.

Kris

3. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Never have demoed there Z-Riders, but there walkbehinds are by far my favorite, I have a 93yr 52" 16hp Vandguard which has been the best walkbehind ive ever owned. Checkout the site Kutnkru posted. Marks Mowing Service

4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Shawn,

Yes I have the machine in question.

Has approx. 1500 hrs (maybe less). 1999 model. Kohler 23HP engine that runs well.

Major replacement repairs: New deck aprox $2000 - warranty. Upgraded deecks to have plate welded where gear box bolted o deck. Replaced drive shaft approx $800+ - warranty. Equip dealer put in his own upgraded design (working on patent for thisdesign w/ Snapper as it is large improvement). Oh yeah, ne hydros too this year. Called Snapper bitched like hell Cost me $400 for labor, they covered pumps at $1000 EACH.

Singelk stick can be apain in the butt -- have to make k-turns as a true zero is much easier w/ twin stics to reverse one wheel an drive w/ other.

Minor repairs: diode for starter switch -- constantly a problem takes up to 20X's turning key for mower to kick over. The anti-scalp wheels, we found it betterto drill through horizontally & use quick pin to hol in place as factory supplied bolts from top usually snap during use and deck sreds this device.

Not too bad for my first rider, but will probably go Bobcat ext time 'round. They are huge in this area and most guys have few complaints.

Always demo first. You'l note that 52 ha no headlights, no twin belts to drive driveshaft and no dual tanks (you'll need to re-fuel sometime mid day). Hope this helps

Bob