snapper ztr any good?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 44toy, Feb 3, 2004.

1. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

23 hp 61" cut 95 model?looks good in pictures joystick control? Never saw one in person and never run one. Dont even know what kind of drive system these things have, but really wish it was regular handles for control. do they have seperate pumps and controls for each wheel? the price is cheeper than a lot of steering wheel mowers I have seen lately. Are they even worth taking on a yard?

2. LAWNPROzII

LAWNPROzII LawnSite Member

They do have regular sticks, we have two snapper walkbehinds and are contemplating getting a snapper fastback ztr. I beleive snapper is one of the most under rated machines in the industry.
    The deck is heavy duty and the rest of the mower seems to be very well built and stripe very well with no stripping kit. I would probably stick with the 52" with 21 hp, I think the 61" with 23 hp will be a little under powered. Just my two cents, if you have any questions about these machines let me know I have done a lot of research on them.

3. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

i ran one for a summer and i did alright. nothing phenomenal and nothing horible

4. LASTEC

LASTEC LawnSite Member

I do a lot of competitor mower testing and i have ran a Snapper with the joy stick control, the unit i ran was a diesel 72" cut I was impressed with the control, I also ran a cutting company for about 13 years and we had some Snapper ztr's back around 91 they where slow but they cut great i think they where 50" cut

5. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I had 1 for 3 days. The l/h wheel would lock up and draq while turning so I traded it in 3 days later.:mad:

6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 99 52" Snapper Z w/ the 22hp Kohler command. Its been okay for me, but now we'll strictly be using it for a back-up mower and during leaf season as it has a Peco Vac unit w/it. Just got a '03 leftover eXmark Lazer ZHP w/ ultravac.

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto...I have used Snapper equipment from the beginning.I have no complaints, and I get great service from my dealer...