1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Snapper ZTR Mulching.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AWJ Services, Jul 19, 2005.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

As you guys know I purchase my 53 inch cut new this year and have been posting my experiences with it.
    I have had the mulch kit on it for more than a month and it performs well even in damp grass.Not perfect in damp grass but tolerable.
    The one thing I love about it is I got a call from a guy and pulled up to his house and the grass was knee high.
    Thanks too Snappers engineering I simply unbolt the mulch kit by removing one bolt and side discharge with the mulch blades.
    Mowed in one direction till I covered the yard.There were clumps coming out the size of small dogs. :) By the time I got too the edge of the yard I figured my grass piles would be huge.
    The mulching blades with there lack of air flow simply kept reducing the size of the clippings and dispersing them into nothing.
    I know it is not normal too be faced with such tasks but I would hate too know that I had too remove all the baffles that are required with some mulch kits just too cut super high grass.
  2. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

Tell me more about this mower. I am looking for a rider that I can put a mulch kit on and take off in no time. That is the first time I heard that just one bolt removed and you can side discharge, instead of taking 20 minutes to an hour with others.
  3. AWJ Services

from Ga

The blades are different also but the mulch kit is a sheild that blocks the disharge area in the deck.
    The Ninja blades do all the work.
    It mulches well.It seems to mulch as good as my friends exmark.

The only time the lift blades are needed is when cutting real thinareas or some weeds.
  4. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

In other words it does not have mulching baffels that have to be installed. It would be like using a regular mowing deck with a discharge chute blocker, so do you have any trails of clipping on the blocked discharge side. Can you tell me the name of this mower, so I can look for it at my Snapper dealer. THanks
  5. AWJ Services

from Ga

If the grass is real tall it will leave some lines.My Buddies exmark does it also.
    The blades are really unique.

I will give you a
    link too it.
    Ask for a demo and decide for yourself.I am 95 percent happy with mine.
    There are a few small things I do not like ,but I have found that overall it is a great mower.

NZM21522KWV is the model number.