Snapper ZTR'S

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dan35, Nov 2, 2000.

1. dan35

dan35 LawnSite Member

Is anybody useing Snapper ZTR'S ? I have 3 jousticks with about 1700hs on each. They have held up OK for me.

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Dealer let me demo a snapper with joystick control, and I didn`t care for it much, seemed like a pretty good machine though, I especially liked that you could change belts without tools. I bought a lazer after spending too much time thinking, had a few problems with the lazer but I think theproblems are taken care of now.

[Edited by mow money on 11-03-2000 at 01:52 AM]

3. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i started with a snapper 48"z.i really liked the joystick control.but i had nothing but problems with the hydros.this was an older (1993) machine but it only had 800 hrs on it.have you tried out a new COUNTRY CLIPPER? similar to the snapper (since they were the company who made them for snapper)nice machine. but they don't make a deck smaller than 52".this new mower hauls! i demo'd one in the parking lot, and man did it move.

4. bantam

bantam LawnSite Member
    from iowa

Saw at a trade show that Country Clipper now (or will soon be) offering a 42" and a 48" ZTR

5. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a 38" Yard Cruiser last year for my yard.
    I found that the joy stick control is ok on flat ground but uncontrollable on slopes.

I bought a 52" Toro Z 100 this year and am happy with it.

However, the Snapper was not a commercial model. No problems with, just isnt the machine a commercial mower is and the joy stick is poor in my opinion.

6. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Ive never demoed there Z-riders, but there Walkbehinds are my favorite. I have a 93yr 52" Walkbehind which has been almost maintainece free,its going on 5000hrs and that Vanguard just keeps on ticking,plus i love the Loop Steering easy on hands and turns. I think that there riders have the steering arms like all Ztrs if you want it. But in 12yrs ive owned exmark,still have a scag but the Snapper Walkbehind has been the best purchase ive ever made. Marks Mowing Service

7. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

I was using a Snapper 42inch Yard Crusier ZTR and it's just my feelings and personaly experance but it was the biggest piece of sh*t I ever used!!! The joystick control is nice at first but then it becomes a pain, the cut is usually uneven, it has no traction what so ever and thats just a few things to mention! I just finally got rid of it and got me a Dixie Chopper XW2400 with the Honda engine and I'm in love! So my personaly feelings are to stay away from the ZTR's but I have heard alot of good things on thier WB's. Best of luck if you do have a Snapper oh.

8. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I used to own a snapper joystick model-60in.cut.Ok mower but very slow.

9. bantam

bantam LawnSite Member
    from iowa

Like someone posted earlier the new Country clippers really MOVE. Ground speed and performance have been greatly improved since the Snapper days.

10. Lawn Services

Lawn Services LawnSite Member
    from DE

I demoed a snapper truf cruiser i liked it for the most part but when you use it for an extended time when you where done mowing that one hand was still vibrating i didnt like that nor did i like the ride it was a 61" snapper so the the one joystick is ok but not what i would pick