Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Company5, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Company5

Company5 LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever used or had the opportunity to demo one of these? I have been looking to get a ztr and was pretty much going to get an Exmark, but ... out in front of the Snapper company store is this twin lever ztr, new for this year. I asked the salesman where it is made and he said across the street at the factory. I assumed it was made by Ferris or something else associated with the Simplicity line. The thing looked really stout, especially the frame. Service points seemed easy to get too. They have only two models a 19kaw w/48" and 21kaw w/52". Those size decks would put them in the mini class, but the unit is pretty wide, tall, and heavy. The unit had a lot of standard features that were extra on other units. When I saw the price of 5999 it just seemed too low for the amount of stuff you get, but... I've never seen one perform, don't know how the deck will cut, etc. It seems as if they have done there homework, or the design came from the outside when Simplicity bought Snapper. There are no special programs regarding the mower that I am aware of, nor is there any literature describing specs or attachments available.
    I went by a grasshopper dealer, extremely friendly, said they had 0% for 36 months. I thought that was kinda odd, never heard of that before on a mower, of course never heard of 0% for 60 months on a car until 9/11. Maybe they can't sell enough of them. Would like to look at a Hustler before I make a final decision, haven't seen any of them around mostly all just Exmarks. Any scoops would be nice.
  2. mikeymike

mikeymike LawnSite Member

I have a 8-9 yr old snapper 36inch WB that cuts like the devil. I marvel at how well it does every time and it was half decently taken care of by my brother. I could not dream of telling you how many hours is on it but I bet it will cut with the best of them with NO PROBLEM. It has a 14HP kawi motor and it starts on the first pull every time and it even set up all last year. I have been doing maintenance on it this year when I started using it but it is really a great built mower. When I buy a ztr snapper will be the first place I look. My brother gave it to me FREE....I have about 10 yards now and I only do this part time.
  3. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

:blob3: I thought Country Clipper made Snapper riders?
  4. I have seen the new snappers also.But dont know if Ferris had enough time after they were purchase to have any insight on them.Try asking Rodfather here.If anyone knows if ferris has any input with the new snapper line he would.I have a feeling snapper will be improving in the next few years with being bought by Simplicity .This year snappers ztr look alot better and price is pretty good.There is a world of differnce with the hustler.In price & performance.Best of luck and welcome to lawnsite
  5. chief5139

chief5139 LawnSite Member

Acually guys snapper mowers are made by snapper they have 2 new models made by ferris but mostly the ztr's are made by snapper