1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

SnapperPro, Ferris or Scag?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kraz4glf, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

Who is your dealer? I'm looking to buy a ferris and if he is selling 3100Z w/32 BB for low 8's i'll leave tomorrow and drive wherever

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i just purchased a scag last weekend. scag has a 0% financing for 24 months and also has some rebates on some of the ZTRs
  3. blakdawg

blakdawg LawnSite Member

Been running Snapper since 1997. Started with a 52 inch deck. In 2001 went with a 73 inch deck and never looked back.
  4. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

I'm like you, that price is a LOT different than what I see in N AL...I looked at one 2 years ago.
  5. AuburnHort2005

AuburnHort2005 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

6. cimkill

cimkill LawnSite Senior Member

I sent you info, did you get it and call him?
  7. kraz4glf

kraz4glf LawnSite Member

After a demo of the SnapperPro and the Ferris, we decided on a 61" Ferris. Now we are trying to find a good price. I have found the following pricing. Are these good deals? If not, does anyone have the contact information for a dealer that offers better pricing. We do not mind traveling to purchase and pick-up the mower as long the price difference offsets.

Ferris IS 2000Z 61" cutting width with 26-hp Kawasaki - $8000 ($8540 otd)
    Ferris IS 2000Z 61" cutting width with 34-hp Kawasaki - $8500 ($9069 otd)
    Ferris IS 3100Z 61" cutting width with 34-hp Kawasaki - $10225