SnapperPro Mowers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jared-1991-2009, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Jared-1991-2009

Jared-1991-2009 LawnSite Member

Hello!

I'm starting a landscaping business and wanted to know if you guys have any experience with snapper???

I'm planning on going with Snapper mowers and Echo Blowers, Trimmers ETC!

I was just wanting to know if you guys have any knowledge with them (Snapper)? how is the maintenance with snapper? thanks for your help!!!

~Jared

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have not owned one but have been looking at them for the upcoming year. The biggest LCO in my area swears by them and says he has had real good sevice out of them. This is a company that has several employs and they get put through the mill from daylight till dark.

3. Jared-1991-2009

Jared-1991-2009 LawnSite Member

Thanks, We have had a very old snapper, it was no pro but it did pretty well... now we have a Dixon and it has more problems then the snapper did!

now am looking back at snapper, but gonna get a Pro!

4. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a 22" Snapper last year and I hate the mower. The control on it is ********, that is the main complaint.

Quality of cut is pretty nice but I hate the mower overall.

5. vanderbilt

vanderbilt LawnSite Member
    from N.C.

Been running a Snapper Pro walk behind with sulkey for the last 7 years. One blade clutch and had the goveneor adjusted when it stuck that's all I've had to do to it besides change oil and filters. 17 Kawi for the motor - hard to beat. I'd guess 2000 to 3000 hours on it.

6. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I have 2 snapper 48'' pistol grip they are greatest dependable mowers
    the older one is about 13 years old i have to guess about 4-5 thousand hours at least

7. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to try the new out front machine looks like it would hold a hill and the weight is more evenly disributed. Then a mid mount

8. Big Blue Sky

Big Blue Sky LawnSite Member

We are fortunate to be located in the Georgia county where Snapper was founded. A couple of years ago they were bought out by Briggs & Stratton Power . . .
    The 21" Commercial Mowers are by far the BEST 21" we have ever used. And yes, we have used Honda, Exmark, Toro, JD, etc. Durable Machines.

We have owned a Pro Walk Behind, but did not like it. Reliable, tough but the crews would always avoid it.

No experience with the ZTR. Though most guys around here seem to run them or Exmarks.

Echo . . . not a fan.

Good luck

9. RonAyersMotorsports

RonAyersMotorsports LawnSite Senior Member

Used to sell Snapper along with Toro. Great units but apples to apples compared to the Toro, Exmark, Scag, and Hustler. They just didn't stack up. We had to literally sell the units below cost just to get rid of them selling them beside Toro. Again great machines just not the same quality against some of the big name competitors.

I still love their push mowers, and LT200 series riding tractors. IMO Best bang for the buck.

As far as a Zero Turn stick with the names mentioned before. Again my opinion but I have sold or serviced everything I mention.
    But if the Snapper dealer has the best service in your area by all means buy a Snapper!

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know which model don't stack up but the 21" and the 36" dual hydro units with adjustable decks are very reliable compared to our scags. The price point for the 36" is very attractive this year and since they teamed up with Ferris things seem to be changing on their pro series.