snapshot pricing?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by precisongreen32, Mar 2, 2007.

1. precisongreen32

precisongreen32 LawnSite Member

hello everyone i was just wondering what some of you guys charge per 1000 sq feet or however you do it for putting down snapshot? also how do you apply it by hand, spreader through beds?

2. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I use what's called a Casaron spreader from lesco. Basically it's just a gravity feed shaker with an extension tube and a deflector to give it some width. Has worked well for me. I've used old Preen shakers (having removed the label and remarked them). They're easier to fill, but seem to put out to high of a rate and it takes too much arm motion to spread evenly. As far as rates, I look at the job and figure it per man hour. I haven't gotten precise to the point of measuring and billing based on sq. ft. I've done it enough to know my costs and what a job will take for the most part.

3. precisongreen32

im just having a hard time figureing out how much product im going to use

4. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

At the high rate, you should be using about $9/1000 sq ft. I think most companies charge $40-50/k. We charge $45 with a $50 minimum.

5. precisongreen32

how many times do you apply it per year or how long does it last?

6. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Is snapshot really worth the money? It is like 3 times the price of Pre-M. It is probably better but is it worth as much as it costs?

7. precisongreen32

pre m only works on grassy weeds snapshot does broadleaf and grassy weeds