Snapshot

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LwnmwrMan22, Apr 6, 2006.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

How long of a control are you guys getting with your Snapshot??

I've been using Treflan here in MN for the last 5 years, and have to apply it twice usually, once around the beginning of May / late April, and then again right around end of July if I want total control.

On Snapshot's label, it says 8-9 months of control, which is actually a little longer than the growing season here, so I could be out spreading it right now, and be good for the year (theoretically).

Do you guys actually see that timeframe of control?? Or is it more like 4-5 months, at which point I may as well stick with my Treflan, since it's about 2/3rds the price.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

2. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

8 months easy in a normal year. Do a side by side comparison to Treflan and you will never use Treflan again. Just by sure ya keep it out of the grass (it's hot) and read the label for the stuff that don't like it.

3. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

I have used it for two years its works well. It depends on how thick you put it down, but i would not use anything else

4. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Applied at the heavier rates you should get 8 months control. Be sure to blow off any concrete and keep it out of the lawn.