Snapshot

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Feb 11, 2013.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Help me out in snapshot guys. Our growing season for grass is march - October. I'm thinking I can get away with 2 over the top applications in order to sell bed pre. For mowing customers we would always spot spray beds while there.

From a standpoint of pricing the apps I'm wondering what the industry looks like. I was leaning towards $50 min or 2 times per 1000 cost of product. At 3.5 lbs per 1000 my cost are $11.24.

I would think most people in my area don't have over 2-3k of total bed but most might have 1000 or less sq ft
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Covering your overhead, then making a profit should put you over $75 for the first 1000 sq ft. I do not know how much your overhead is, but $75 comfortable for me. I also like to rotate my preemergents when more than one application is being done within the growing season. Certain weeds are not affected by Snapshot. I like to use it in rotation with Ronstar if the plant material is tolerant. Freehand G is also good in the rotation. I mention these three product because you are probably spreading granules. All of my applications are with the concentrate equivalents applied as a directed spray under and around the plants when the growth habit permits or over the top if the plant is tolerant. Ronstar is a good defoliant if the plant is not tolerant or if it is not washed off of leaves immediately following application.