Sneaky customer's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Oct 20, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

In our neck of the woods the leaves are falling rapidly. Every week there are more and more. The grass is pretty much done growing so we are waiting for fall clean ups to start. I let all of my customer's know we are done mowing this week and some of these people tried to be sneaky and blow out all of their flowerbeds into the lawn. This has happend at 4 stops on my route. It didn't fly though, I told them nice try and charged them double, some said ok but other's had such a look of discussed is was funny. Nice try people:hammerhead:

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

How much extra work load is it to charge extra,can you charge double.

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Well one impaticular lawn takes almost 45min. to just cut. The first time she wanted it bagged we did it at no extra charge:hammerhead: but it took one of the guys an extra 20-30min to due so. Every pass (it's a large lot) the bag would fill then he would have to double back and empty the bagger. That one lawn is really the only lawn we doubled, the rest as an added 10 bucks or so.

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

Bagging grass or leaves is a nightmare to me, to much that i never have the time, hauling the clippings where do you take em if they pay like the job is worth it take it,i have been in this full time for a while never do nothing for free.

5. Waterscapes By Design

Waterscapes By Design LawnSite Member

not being a smartass here just asking a question as far as grass goes....But wouldnt it be better/cheaper/less time consuming to just get a mulching kit on the mower and not have to deal with dumping grass from yard to trailor to dump?

6. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

The thick turf i cut there is no way i could mulch grass just trying to give a word of advice.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Well there is at least two of us that use mulching kits on leaves...

8. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

mulching leaves in the northeast isn't an option. the red oaks have leaves bigger than your hand. i did a job friday and took 5 yards of mulched leaves from a 1/4 acre lot.

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

if u let them they will take advantage of whatever they can

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I might advise for next year not to give the customers a heads up on the last cut until after you're done cutting. :rolleyes: