Snide remarks-how do you respond here?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, May 17, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Every once in a while on this site, I experience a "criticism/challenge" in response to what I have typed.

I try to be totally objective and truthful , but once in awhile somebody has to point their gun at me (and YOU on this site). Fortunately, I have been able to offer facts to back up my posts (I hope, LOL), but there are a few members with a chip on their shoulder who merely criticize and never offer good advice or correct my posts with logical explanations.

This site is a very very nice one -- lots of good folks too. Probably even friends. Heck --- I may have pissed off members here cuz I was defensive - (very sorry if I did) but every-time we worked things out without being banned, and we ended up respecting eachother's points of view. God bless you.

I hope you all read this cuz I respect all who offer help. Those who are here to criticize without backup, .........Hillary needs your vote. My oppinion only, American

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Opinion has only one "P".

3. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

hey americanlawn, nice post...and most do move on and do not let it bother them...if it would ever become a problem or a post is inappropriate, please do click the "Report a Post" button and let us know

Thanks,
    Mike

4. americanlawn

from midwest

Thanks Michael -- you guys RULE! , as this site is good as it gets on the web.

Tscape is another example regarding "help or hurt". Sorry if I misspelled anything Tscape ...just trying to get the point acrossed as I usually don't use spell check. Maybe you can file a complaint with the webmaster??? regarding misspellings?? See what I mean? Duh! Go for it Tscape. I hope you have an "objective"??

5. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Knowledge is the key here i think. If you can hit someone with precise knowledge about a subject, they can't argue with you. I've always known that and just recently got my trap shut by someone with very good info.
    (Thanks TurfPro) Any sarcasm and little shots should be taken with a grain of salt. If it was more serious i believe a mod would step in.

On another note: I've never been able to find this report a post button? Where is it? It's not on anywhere on my screen.

6. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

On the right hand side of a post you will see a triangle, outlined in red with an exclamation point...that is the "Report a Post" button

7. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Opened my eyes and found it. Thanks!

8. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I was kidding, dude.

9. americanlawn

from midwest

Sorry about the last post Tscape...I know you were just kidding, and I was out of line. Only 3 hours of sleep & I was too cranky

10. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

And...there you have it. Sometimes we mis-interpet. We read words that someone else types but we read them with our own emotions (which in many cases is nowhere near the emotions of the writer of the words)

and then there are some who like a 'debate' (argument) ...they can be fun, they can help keep us sharp/on our toes

and then a few are just very immature

but most are genuine...i think?