Sno-way plows

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Dojo, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Dojo

Dojo LawnSite Member

Has anyone used a sno-way plow before or heard anything good or bad about their new commercial size plows.

2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

First Check out "www.plowsite.com" and use the search to find snoway plows.....you will find more than you need there on Snoways.

I bought one this year have used it for one snow fall so far...but I really liked it...

Derek

3. JB1LNDSCPR

JB1LNDSCPR LawnSite Member

I used a sno-way plow one season and it had its ups and downs.
    I always thought that Fisher was too much talked about so i bought a snoway. It was a great plow it back bladed the best with its down pressure system that is awesome. It was super light and has a five year warranty on the mechanical parts. However i went through 2 motors bent the a frame and snapped the blade off. It is not a commercial plow. If you have just a few then i would recomend it but spend a couple more hundred and get a Fisher the best one i think. I have used Fisher for 2 years now.

4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Snoway had some welding problems a few years ago but that has since been resolved. As far as it not being a commercial plow that is a matter of opinion....they make plows for 1-tons and larger trucks....I really don't think those would be personal plows......and the design from the 6' all the way up is basically the same...it just gets heavier....I love mine...I really like the fact that there is no lift chain...

Derek