Snow? Almost forgot what it looked like!!

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Eager Beaver, Jan 28, 2001.

1. Eager Beaver

Eager Beaver LawnSite Member

Well the snow gods blessed us with 4" yesterday. It was a long 3 week dry spell. I knew if I took the blade off and washed the truck something would happen. December we broke the record books for the most snow. January we broke the record for least amount so far. How is everyone else doing as far as snow falls in their area's for the year?

2. MJ

MJ LawnSite Senior Member

Two worth plowing. 8 inches total for the season for an area with an average of 77". We must be in for some real Nor-easters. Sorry John and others in the lake effect area - we're probably going to have to take your share, too.

Mick

3. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not inclined to share, even though I'm a nice guy.

We've had about 18" for January, with the seasonal total at the lakeshore of 110", and at the Interstate (2 miles south of the lakeshore where the lake effect kicks in, and where most of our business is at) it's 215".

We've had 2 days off since November 20th.

That's in Erie. Doesn't count the rest of our snow business on the coast.

4. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

I have not had to plow at all in January. This makes of for December.

5. Eager Beaver

I know the western side of the state is getting a lot more snow than we are. Will have to get with one of them and have it shipped over. The storms seemed to split right around us,some going north others going south. I can't complain we sure have got more than last year. I haven't seen the perdictions for Feb. although I know if I take my plow off again here it will come.

6. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 LawnSite Member
    from WEST MI

Actually, the lake effect here has shut off in the last 3 1/2 weeks. We haven't got any more than you guys have.

Our total at Kent County airport is 3.4 inches for January!

7. Eager Beaver

How much did you guys get in December. I know you were getting hit quite hard there for a little while. Went to Grand Rapids right around Christmas and there was a pile of snow around. Almost jumped in the truck before that and was going to hook up with someone over that way to sub for if they needed some help.

8. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

Snow? Yes, I did see some on the internet, I did a search and now I remember what it looks like.

Our 4-8 inches forcast for Kansas City, was a joke as usual. Although I did win a steak dinner from a local weather man, Maybe we will get some on the 29th of Jan, (my birthday),

John A. if you are tired of plowing in Erie, just send the snow east to Kansas on the east side of the state! :)

A little sleet now but 34 degrees outside, maybe maybe.

SlimJimZ71 satart praying!!!

9. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 LawnSite Member
    from WEST MI

yeah- we got about 60 + inches in December! We had 82 1/2 inches by the end of Dec. for the season. Thats a whole years worth for us!!

[Edited by PINEISLAND1 on 01-28-2001 at 05:37 PM]

10. Eager Beaver

I figured you guys got about double what we had here in Lansing. We kept hearing it was coming and then the storm would either fizzle out or split and go North and South. We had 33 inches for December and for January we had .3 inches up until Friday when we got about 4".

Rooster, it was funny but you mentioned your birthday on the 29th. Mine was the 27th and thats when we got the snow.Good Luck on your birthday!!!