Snow already!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KCfireman, Oct 5, 2008.

1. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

I was watching the local weather channel here in KC and their talking about a very large Storm system that could bring very cold temperatures to the Midwest. States like KS, NE,IA and SD would be affected by this storm and they said they expect it to be cold enough for snow flakes to fall. I guess winter is already gonna get a head start for us Midwesterners. Sorry southern guy's!

2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I just heard this as well, watching it at this time. Here it looks like we will just get some rain. But I hope no snow, it would suck to be mowing in those cold temperatures. Ugh......... Too much to get done this week

3. KCfireman

As much precipitation we(KS) recieved this year and all the below average tempratures we got the experts are saying we could see a very harsh winter. I thought the last 3 winters were harsh enough. Last year we had the cold snap where the temps were in the single digits for about two weeks. That sucked especially with 9" of snow on the ground.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

YES!!!

It's snowing in the mountains above 9000ft as of right now...good thing it's not 5000ft..

Plus were getting some good rain right about now...should prolong the mowing a bit.

Man I need to get some contracts signed fast...

5. KCfireman

already snowing in the mountains!!! I bet theres gonna be some good skiing pretty soon.

6. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

haha i mowed during the snow earlier this year matter of fact it was march 29th.... it was not fun

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

When is this thing supposed to arrive??
    I live in southern MN and the next week's forecast has nothing but temps far above freezing - in fact on the warm side, with several chances for rain.
    No snow here....

8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Same with me in IA. I see rain chances thru tuesday and the 10 day is looking decent considering it is Oct. already. Alittle rain today but almost warm and humid.

9. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Better you than me, it is going to be in the 50's here at night and the low 80's in the day. I hate snow, we hardly ever see it here and I am glad.

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I just want some rain. Yards are all dried up again here in SC. October is looking bleak. Back warm in the day and in the 50s at night. Typical back and forth October weather