1. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I hear you guys down in mass and further south are getting some snow. Let me know if ya got to plow, and how it went.<p>Geoff

2. DaveO

DaveO LawnSite Member

Geoff,<br> Got 3 inches of light powder on the ground already. Forecast in my area (south of Boston)is for 3-6 or 4-8 depending on who you listen too. Looks like we will at least get that. Also forecast 25-30 mph winds so drifting will be a factor. Then very cold next couple of days. FINALLY!!! Time to go play with my FISHER PRICE TOYS...<p>Dave<br>

3. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

We were supposed to get 1 - 3&quot; from it as well. Didn't even get a good dusting on the grass. Oh well.....<p>~Chuck

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I'm SW Massachusetts,4-6&quot; powder,plowed 4 HR this afternoon.Day time plowing sucks,every thing is white and too many cars out.Took my time,ground's not hard,cought the corner of one lawn.Maybe another chance to plow on Saterday. Wind is blowing hard tonight so I will have to check for drifts in the AM.

5. Lou

Lou LawnSite Member

Snow......well we have had some...on Monday, we had 7&quot;. Then it rained from 9A to 7A Tuesday. It snowed about 4&quot; yesterday and today, and warmed up in the afternood (about 39.)You like plowing slush? I do. I put up a little stand at the chain up area. I fill up 6oz cups with slush, add a little food coloring, and give it with a smile to anyone that complains about the weather. If you believe this, I have a volcano cauldren nearby filled with blue water that I'll sell you for $100. U.S.

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Central CT, we had 3 inches light powder, but the ground is so warm theres a crust underneath. Dropped to 0 last night with 30mph winds so even the salt is now useless. <br>Daytime storms suck, too many clowns in the way. Did some spot plowing starting at 10 yesterday am, by 4pm started on the walks and res. drives, home in bed by 1 am, did some cleanup from the street plows this morning.<p>I'll take a nighttime storm any day, then the stuff isnt all packed down from cars.<p>Bill

7. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

Had maybe 2 1/2&quot; up here. Plowed 6hrs during daytime. We're all agreed...daylight plowing bites. Trained my dad on using Snoway 7.5 foot with D.P. He's retired so he plows with my partner and me. Dislocated my shoulder skiing day before we plowed. Kinda tough to plow with one arm. Worse for my partner...he had to hand-bomb ALL of the 80lb. salt bags by himself when we went out this morning to salt.<p>More snow forecast over the next couple days. <p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>

8. nsmilligan

nsmilligan LawnSite Member

heavy snowfall warning here tonite, 15-30 cm<br>high winds. this will be our frist real work out (we've got enough to break things)<br>ps here is western nova scotia, may the plow gods smile on me. good nite<br>bill