Snow Blade on ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brentsawyer, Nov 25, 2001.

1. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

I have done searches and wasn't satisfied with any ideas. SO I guess what I'll do is present this one and see where it goes. I have a 52" SCAG Turg Tiger 22HP LC, I live in Kentucky so we don't get a whole lot of snow but on occasion can get more than enough. What I was thinking was to buy a regular blade that is around 48"-54" wide, want to keep with sidewalk width, and attach on front of deck with an arm that will extend a couple of feet. This way, I can raise and lower the plow along with the deck and have all this done relatively inexpensively. I would do it right and spent a couple thousand, however we have only cleared snow once in two years here. So, I could be out a lot of cash for years to come if no snow comes.

Please don't tell me to go to plowsite because the last thing those guys want to talk about is a lawn guy converting his mower into a plow.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You should be able to do it for a lot less that a couple thousand. Some mower MFG has plows that go in ZTR's. Maybe you could modify one to fit yours. I am thinking of putting one on my diesel ZTR since I would have hydraulic lift and angle since the one pump has an auxillary output.