Snow blade on ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, Dec 8, 2003.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Has anybody ever used a snow blade on a ZTR? Does it work well?

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

It works great. Better than a lawn tractor.

dozer.jpg

3. GTLC

looks nice

4. DanTheGrassman

DanTheGrassman LawnSite Member
    from Canada

actually anybody have one on a toro. I would love to see pics because i am contemplating on putting on mine.

5. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

Here's a snow blade on my DC. It doesn't turn well on ice but can push a lot of snow.

100-0038(1)_img.jpg

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Im surprised that Dc can push much snow at all. I have a xw2400 that looses traction very easily. heck...cant even push a small pile of leaved with out the tires spinning under neath it. Do you add weight in the back for traction?:confused:

7. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't own one, but I saw the Dixie plow at the Expo. I thought it was well made & liked the fact that it holds itself up until you put your foot on the bar to lower it. I don't have any use for anything this small, but if I did I would buy one in a hurry. I'll stick to my Western / Snowman combo.

8. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

Evan528,

My DC is powered by the 26HP Yanmar diesel and also has the 50 pound counterweight for the Flex-Deck on the rear of the frame. I'm sure this added weight gives better traction than some of the gasoline powered models. I got the blade last February and could push all the blade could hold even with the extra side pieces mounted to the blade.

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

i've seen pics of guys leaving a bagging unit attached on back of a DC while plowing for more weight. I think it was LawnTek who does that.

10. GTLC

I am looking for a Toro too