snow blade

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by nfarr, Nov 26, 2005.

1. nfarr

nfarr LawnSite Member

I have a 20/52 fastrak and have been servicing about 12 lawns a week, all under 15000ft2. Some have asked me to do snow removal for them this year. Has anyone used the snow blade, or the snow blower and what has your experience been?

Thanks,

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The blade is brand new, you will not have to much input there, but in our testing (upper Midwest snowbelt) it worked excellent.
    Same goes for the snowblower.
    How many driveway's do you plan on doing?

Pj

3. nfarr

nfarr LawnSite Member

That is good to know. I am considering getting a walk behind snow blower for walks and the blade for the Fastrak. I would like to do about 40 driveways each snow fall. I am a home services/remodeling contractor as well as rehabber. A good amount of my business comes from Real Estate Agent referrals. A couple have asked me to do snow removal at their vacant listings. In order to justify the expense I would need to do quite a few homes.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would shy away from doing 40 driveways each snowfall with the FasTrak snowblower.
    Get yourself a couple good commercial duty walk behind snowblowers or a plow truck.

Pj

5. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

So you've been testing a Hustler snow plow or someone elses?
    Is there a link for what you've been testing?
    The other post I made wasn't a Huslter version.

gpshemi

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We tested the last couple of winters with a FasTrak snowblade, these are just now being made available to dealers to sell.
    The Fastrak blade is a Hustler model, not aftermarket.
    We will be testing a blade on the full frame Hustler / Super Z's this winter.

Pj

7. nfarr

nfarr LawnSite Member

I bought a nice walk behind snow blower, however, I am still interested in the blower for the fastrak. I called my dealer in Cols OH and they tell me that they are not available and do not have any future availability dates??? ie out of stock at the distribution level.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We have had a huge demand for them recently.
    E-mail me your information and I will see what I can do.

Pj

9. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I'd like to see how you mount the plow.
    Does the deck stay on? That's the only part I don't like about the plow.
    On the other hand taking the deck off every year is kinda a pain too.

gpshemi

10. gobucks

gobucks LawnSite Member

I just purchased a 18hp 52" FasTrac yesterday. I have trying to get researh on the snow blade with no luck. I am going to order one #927574 from Friesen Fab & Equipment Co.(614-873-4354) on Monday. If you are in Dublin OH they are right down the street.