SNOW BLOWERS?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Mowman, Dec 22, 2000.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

I WAS OUT THE OTHER DAY AND WITHIN ABOUT TWO MINUTES MY HANDS WERE FROZE. IT WAS THE FIRST TIME MY HANDS GOT THAT COLDDDDD!!!!!!!! I WAS WEARING MY SNOWMOBILE GLOVES BUT HANDS STILL FROZE. HAS ANYONE EVER PUT HAND WARMERS ON A SNOWBLOWER LIKE THE ONES THAT YOU GET ON SNOWMOBILES? IF SO WHERE DO YOU GET THE POWER FROM? I HAVE A LIGHT ON MINE THAT COMES ON AS SOON AS THE ENGINE STARTS. SOMEONE TOLD ME I COULD HOOK IT UP THERE. ANY COMMENTS? THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE.
    Mowman

2. mlc

mlc LawnSite Member

I was down at the local hardware store today and they carry Yardman snowblowers. The high end models had heated grips installed on them just like your snowmobile. My sled has heated grips on them and they are great. If the snowblower has electric start and a battery should be easy to wire in. Good luck.
    steve.

3. jimsmowin

jimsmowin LawnSite Member

most cub cadet snow blowers have them

4. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

They come on Troybilt blowers ,we changed one once and it was a large resister connected to a lead like the one to the headlight.You might want to put a switch on it (we did) though gets really warm .Just take off the handle grips to install the resister.

5. Samurai WeedWacker

Samurai WeedWacker LawnSite Member

They sell little chemical heat packs at all the sporting goods stores here. K-Mart even has them. Some are made for gloves and some are made for boots. At K-Mart a 6-pack is less than $2. They last for several hours. There is another kind with a metal disc in a gel packet which is supposedly rechargeable.
    Mittens are better than gloves on extremely cold days. The design of gloves limits their ability to keep individual fingers warm. I use very heavy wool mittens inside wind-and-waterproof shell mitts.
    Go to http://www.rei.com for good deals on outdoor clothing & gear. Check out the neoprene face masks & the ski goggles.
    BTW, once you get frostbite the affected area is more susceptible to frostbite in the future. It's best to avoid it in the first place.

[Edited by Samurai WeedWacker on 12-23-2000 at 12:59 AM]