1. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

So that there is no missunderstanding, the First Union contract that NYSnowPros was referring to is for just over 1300 sites. There is a $4 million budget for the entire contract. Yes, we are looking for independent contractors to use as service providers for this contract. While we will pay special attention to SIMA members, we are encouraging all who have a First Union Bank branch in their market area to contact us to let us know if you are interested in participating with us on this one. This will be handled through our subsidiary - Snow Management Group (SMG). Anyone interested should email me their postal address, fax and email address. Email this to john@allinco.com

As you can imagine, this is a tremendous undertaking and I would ask that you not phone our office. Email the info. I'll respond and confirm that we got the info, and tell you when to expect a RFP package. We intend to have all contracts awarded within the next 3 weeks, so don't delay.

Keep smiling.
  2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I am glad there are people out there to take on something like this. Even with me being as big as i am, i wouldn't touch a contract that size. I like to be able to check every location after every storm, and that many locations that spread out, sounds like a nightmare to me.

3. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

Nice to see you here at lawnsite.com.Welcome aboard and i am sure yuo will get and give alot of useful info from this site,once again welcome
  4. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome & Congratulations!! That's quite an undertaking. Good luck with it.
  5. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

President of SIMA and yet a junior menber here at lawnsite.
    Welcome aboard.
  6. John Allin

Everybody starts somewhere.
    Dino - email me at john@allinco.com
    I need to ask you something.
  7. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow LawnSite Member

Welcome! I will e-mail you about those First Union Banks.
    It great to see another SIMA member aboard.
  8. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

Just noticed that you're on line... Did those bid packets go out? If so, when? Just wanna keep an eye out for it.

Jeff Curtis
  9. John Allin

They went out last Friday and Saturday. If you don't have yours yet, something's not right.

Email me your fax number and I'll fax you a package first thing in the AM (I'm at home and not at the office).

10. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow LawnSite Member

We received the bid packet on Monday. Working on numbers. We will try to reply by the weekend.