Snow Deflector For Western 8 1/2

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by zx1100tb, Dec 12, 2000.

1. zx1100tb

zx1100tb LawnSite Member

I Have a Western 8 1/2' Proplow and am looking for a deflector I am interested in finding the one that is made out of plastic. I have a 7 1/2' with this type and it works better than the rubber ones. Any help locating one would appreciated.
    Thank you
    Thomas

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I've never seen a plastic one,and i would think it would crack in the cold.Good luck finding one.

3. zx1100tb

zx1100tb LawnSite Member

Its not exatly plastic. I've had one on my 7 1/2 for 5 years and never broke it. It is a red colored type of plastic. I have found some thing like it in 8 foot lenght so that doesn't help too much.
    Thomas

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I have a plastic one for my Meyer C-8. Its black with a "removable" Meyer sticker. They are by far better than any rubber deflector, and no, they are unbrealable (so far).

Thomas, check with your Meyer dealer, mine cost $130.00 in 1996 for PT # 12040.

5. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Belive it or not we make them in urethane. Call me at 860-859-0739
    My guess is that they will run about the same as a rubber one from meyer or western, about $75.00
    Dino

6. mountain

mountain LawnSite Member

my new western came with the plactic deflector and i think i will be taking if off when get a chance. the snow gets under the deflector and lifts the plow off pavement . the plastic deflector is to stiff . anybody else having this trouble?