Snow Fell Before The Leaves Did

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by prizeprop, Nov 19, 2007.

1. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like we'll be working later this fall.

novem009.jpg

novem008.jpg

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow!! That is a nice site. Are the roads slick yet? Whats the temp there?

3. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Yes slick and around 31 degrees.Its nice, but not this early!Amazing thing,4 miles south nothings sticking.I heard atlantic city is 50 degrees.Such different weather in this small state.

4. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

Good G!
    Get the generators warmed up!

Around here, we didn't get a frost on anything until after we had gotten two freezes already!
    I'm certain that's why the leaves are stubborn, not wanting to come off the trees.

5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I heard you guys got some snow last night, it was cold and rainy this morning here, but no snow. I really need it to hold off for another month or so!

6. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, I'm in the trenton area and we got some rain today and it was about 40 but I was still able to get some cleanups done. I hope we don't get big snow for another 3 weeks so all the cleanups are done.

7. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

8. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

51 here today. Snow showers tomorrow high of 37.

9. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

That happend to us last year on october the 13th. We got 2 feet of snow over night. All of buffalo, ny was out of power for like 2 weeks.

10. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We're in South Joisey. Had 6 guys doing leaf removal, not final clean-ups as only 50% of leaves are down now. I aerated 3 larger properties. We worked from 10:00 until we were soaked around 3:00. Not a full day, but some hours in & work done nonetheless.