1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Snow flurries...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by old dog 80, Apr 5, 2006.

1. old dog 80

old dog 80 LawnSite Member

Wish I had the meteoroligist's scalp today.We had four inches of snow flurries on the turf today.Step back and punt!Why can't LCOs get paid for being as wrong
    as thw weatherman?
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We got a decent dusting of snow today. Matt had a large mulch job to do, but figured he would push it off until the weekend. Grass cutting officially starts tomorrow, supposed to be 59 degrees out there. Let's hope they're right for a change. :dizzy:
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Same thing happened here...was snowing so hard for about an hour or so you couldn't see more than 300 feet. Sun then came out and it was completely gone by dinner time. Nuts is all I can say.
  4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

snowed 1.5" last night...
  5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Yeah, yesterdays weather was weird. Rain, then snow, then sun, then snow, then snow, then sun. It could not figure out what it wanted to do yesterday. We just said the heck with it yesterday, and got our estimates done.
  6. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Tuesday we were in the 70s woke up this morning to a blizzard, 8" in the foothills where I'm supposed to be spraying today:confused: