1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

snow for the olympics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bearmtnmartin, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

I hope someone with good math skills is up there is in a strategic locale counting trucks, helicopters & their respective carbon foot prints.
    We wouldn't want dear ol' uncle Al to get all bent out of shape, now would we? :rolleyes: :canadaflag:
  2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Money is no issue just keep spending the tax money while that money could be used for building new hospitals or creating jobs.
  3. bearmtnmartin

bearmtnmartin LawnSite Senior Member

They did create a bunch of jobs. Ask all those truckers if they are happy? Thats the thing about public spending. Even if it is badly done, and it is hard to argue the economics of trucking a meltable coommodity around, someone always benefits. The money never stays under someones mattress. I know I (and my family) and by extension, people and businesses we frequent have sure benefited over the years by my being hired to do poorly thought out, poorly managed money pit jobs. And they always seem to be for some government agency. Or the CPR. Or the prison system. Oh, and once for a movie production. That was a great one.