snow in chicago tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zmowingmaster, Nov 23, 2004.

1. zmowingmaster

zmowingmaster LawnSite Member

anybody form the Chicago area is prepared for the snow. It says on the weather channel that we are getting 3 inches of snow tomorrow, or is that still early, i haven't finished my lawn accounts yet..........oops do i have to post this thread in another location, well :) next time

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Just a little north of you there in Wheaton. I head maybe an inch or 2 today, it all depends on when the temps drop, as it is suppose to start raining all day. Would love to bring out the snow stuff for a change. Knowing Chicago, next week we'll be back mowing again though!

3. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in central Missouri and it's snowing now. We are supposed to get 2-4 inches. I like you don't have my yard work done so I hope it dries up soon.

4. trimmerhead

trimmerhead LawnSite Member

I'm in the south suburbs of chicago. I'm ready for the snow. Finishing the last of my cleanups today. Can't wait for a little break. I need :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

5. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

Here in the Kansas City area, they were calling for 2-4 inches. Needless to say, I have 8 3/4 on the ruler and it is still coming strong. I am hoping it will let up soon so I can get to blowing snow and make a little cash. It is a real wet and heavy snow.

DSC00009 copy.jpg

6. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

Here is another.....

DSC00007.JPG

7. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Supposed to get 2-4" here in Mid-Michigan today and 1-3" tonight. Have not even got my snowblower yet! Was going to be doing that this weekend or next, been looking at all the models. I will be doing sub-work for another LCO friend of mine at $25/hr on his commercial accounts. He offered me the opportunity to do snowblower work for him since I waited on a plow until next season when it is more fiscally viable for me.

8. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

I just bought my Snow Blower yesterday due to the snow chance. I wasn't expecting anything this early in KC. I had put postcards in the mail Monday concerning snow removal so I am getting calls, damn good timing I must say!

9. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

hey all of you that are getting snow post some pics of it on here for us southern boys who dont ever see snow......

10. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Glad I live in Louisiana, Man that looks cold !!. The Cajuns wouldn't last three days in that stuff. First of all there would not be a car on the street because they would all be in the ditches. People around here can't drive in the rain much less ice and snow. Crawfish would freeze before they could get to the dirt and then it would be frozen if they did get there . Went to Tipton Indiana in 1978 after there was a big blizzard the houses were completely covered with snow couldn't believe it. I'll take humidity any time. Good luck guys have a safe winter.