Snow in March.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by wormburner, Mar 17, 2006.

1. wormburner

wormburner LawnSite Member

Just when you think it's over it comes back.I was all ready to hand out flyers and then it comes.Should I wait till it starts to warm up again or pass them out anyway?Hard to think about cutting grass when theres snow on the ground.Also watched the weather today and there is another storm rolling in on Tuesday.If this keeps up I will never get flyers passed out.:cry:

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I know what you mean. We got white stuff all over the ground.

Oh wait, that is the Bradford Pear trees blossoms, Sorry
    I knew 80* and snow did not make sense.
    Don't worry it will be here before you know it and in a month or two you will be wanting fall so you can rest:)

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

it will be 40 and sunny this weekend, and in the 50s beginning of the week..... the grass is visably greener here today....even with the snow last night..its gone now.....here

4. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

-8 C here with -14 C windchill. :*(

5. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

75, sunny, and breezy here, lol

6. sooner74

sooner74 LawnSite Member
    from UT

snow on the ground here and more in the 10 day forecast. Should be around the middle of April before things start rolling here. Anyone is Utah know different?

7. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

You should pass them out anyways. Me and my employee did it for 2 and half hours yesterday when it was snowing really hard. They see the determination you have when your passing them out in the freezing cold and snow.

8. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

Here in Kansas City we're supposed to get 6-15 inches within the next 2 days.. no fun. Just when you think its almost time this comes along.. :dizzy:

9. ADVANCED LAWNCARE LLC.

ADVANCED LAWNCARE LLC. LawnSite Member

im in kansas city too, when should i hand out postcards, if there is snow coming in in a couple days.

10. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

haha yeah Johnson Counnty here, i heard 8 inches tuesday morning. Crazy.