SNOW!!! in May

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bob Minney, May 10, 2003.

1. We got hammered with snow last night. About 10" on the ground on this side of town. Not a tree in sight that isn't damaged. Front yard looks like a bomb went off. Neighbors ash split trunk almost to the ground. On either side a cottonwood and maple that are shredded. Looks like my 2 locust may be OK. Maple pretty rough but savable. 3 apple, 1 ash look like they may be gone. 20 lilac and forsythia smashed but at least they can recover.
    We were just about finished cleaning up customers conifers that were damaged in April storm.

Well guess I wont be doing my aerations today.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I hear ya Bob. Not much snow down here in the C. Springs area, but very cold. I know I am going to have many clients in the Monument area and others that are high in elevation that will have frozen copper or blown bonnets on the sprinkler system.

The joys of spring in Colorado. It looks like we may be back to our normal weather patterns with cold and snow in April/May, afternoon thunderstorms with occasional hail, tornado warnings, lots of lightning. Might be a sign of the drought coming to an end.

3. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

Might be a sign of the drought coming to an end.

wouldn't that be awesome. We can only hope

4. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

How bout them damn tornados?

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

We're not having droughts, snow or tornados. We're having rain. Every day. We wake up in the morning and we have had fog and heavy dew every night. And then just as soon as the grass starts to dry out it rains again. If we aren't rained out completely we're getting 5 maybe 6 hours a day to cut grass. Since Monday we've had 2 rainouts and 3 really wet days. The yards are starting to turn to mud pits.

6. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

This snow is pissin' me off because I had 3 lawns to get done 2 day b 4 mothers day.

Now I can't get to use my $20 edger.

7. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Last night we had tornados within 20 miles of the house and dime sized hail at the house with LOTS of rain.

8. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Just lots of rain here. We need it after a dry winter. Next week looks awesome....low to mid 70's and sun all week!:D Grow baby grow!

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Hot as hell here. 92-95 the last 4-5 days and no rain. The grass is cooking.

10. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

We got 10 inchesw here too. I love to see the moisture though. If it could have just came as rain!